Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My sister is Married!

On July 12, 2008 at aprrox 1pm my sister Eleesha got sealed to Jared. For anyone who knows my sister knows that this was a big thing. Of course getting married is always a big thing but for Eleesha this is huge. Eleesha was born with Cerrebral Palsy (CP)(sp?) She has never been able to walk on her own and has limited use of both her hands and very little use of her left hand. She is bound to a wheel chair and has speech impairment. So most of us thought that Eleesha would not have the blessing of being married in this life. About six months ago she met Jared who also has CP. He also happens to be a twin (Eleesha is a twin also) and has a sister named Stacy (How ironic, we have a sister named Stacy too) Luckily Jared is a little less limited in his abilities. He can do most things with his hands, and does not have a speech impairment. But like Eleesha, he is also bound to a wheel chair, and can't walk on his own.

So these two special spirits where bound together for time and all eternity. and are now on their honeymoon at the Excalibur. When they return they will be temporally living with my parents until their names are called to the apartments they have their names on a waiting list.


Eleesha has such a sweet spirit. I am sooo happy for her, that she has found a companion. And it is so great to welcome Jared into our family, he fits right in and has from day one. Because of their limitations, they have a lot to work through, but I have faith that they will work through it, and one day after this life they will be able to dance and enjoy life as we know it. I feel so blessed to have witnessed such a great event.


I think that the next best part of the day was when it was time for them to leave, we put bubble wrap on the ground so when they drove out of the church it sounded like fire works and we were blowing bubbles all around them. What a great closing to a wonderful day! I Love you Eleesha and Jared I look forward to watching you learn and grow together as an Eternal Family! (PS Thanks to my parents for throwing such a wonderful party on their behalf it was a fantastic day!)

2 comments:

The Calvert Family said...

That is so neat, thanks for sharing. It's just one of those stories that gives you warm fuzzies.

Anonymous said...

That is sooo amazing about your sister. I am so happy for her and your family. How great!! I hope their Happy.