Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just Thinking

I have been out of school for over two years now, and I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do outside of being a mom for the rest of my life. I am not one that has been blessed with lots of talents, but I do strive to develop the ones I have and discover new ones. My newest interest is photography, but I am not really sure how to go about moving forward without spending any money. (being my husband is still working on his education) I am just such a hands on person that I don't learn very well from reading something. Maybe Photography will just have to wait until a later time in my life.
Another point of interest is, I would love to develop toys for babies and toddlers. I have ideas that just come to me almost everyday about how I could modify a toy to make it better or create a new one all together. I just don't know how to begin on any of my new interests.
I also have in the past wrote some children's books. Ideas for those come every once and a while, and sometimes I write them in my journal, but that is as far as it goes.
If anyone has any ideas about any of these ideas, let me know, I would love to learn anything I can on how to move forward.

3 comments:

amber belmonte said...

i think about this all the time! it's hard to find the balance of being a mom + not losing yourself. there are so many things that i want to accomplish! i think it's harder when they're still so young because they demand more of your time... now that taylor is in school all day, i have more time to focus on things i want to do. just make sure you set aside time for yourself + don't put your passions [writing,photography,creating toys,etc.] on the back burner.

katrina berg said...

Hi Tori :)! So nice to hear from you, i've asked corrine about you from time to time. Your family is growing and just beautiful...congrats. I'm working on some goals too. Check out my other site for ideas: thedailydelights.com
Talk to you soon!

Misty said...

Tori! I think it would be great if you kept with the story writing. It could be a great way to teach your children about morals and such. There are so many things that you can do though... you are talented. Can't you sew pretty well?