Thursday, September 25, 2008

Baby Steps

Once again, Kaleb has reached some more mile stones in his life. Last week, he took his first steps!!! I was in the kitchen with him against my legs facing away from me. Then all of a sudden he took the step and a half that it took to reach the cabinets. I have a feeling that just like his rolling over and crawling, he wont take anymore steps for another month or so, then he will just take off. He is such a tease :) He wont even practice with Matt and I, he becomes gumby whenever we encourage him to walk. Another mile stone that he has accomplished that I am relieved he did is, He got tooth #3. Yup, the first one on the top. So hopefully this will help with his fussyness for at least a little while, that would be fantastic ;) Another mile stone that he is still trying to tackle is, he is going down to one nap a day, which has not helped with the fussyness factor. But at the same time, it means an eariler bed time for him, and more time with just Matt and I in the evenings. Now if we could just get his nap up to 2 hours long instead of 1 hour and 15 min. that would be even better :) Watching Kaleb learn and grow is such a miracle, it is such a blessing to have him in my life. Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he created his plan about families.

2 comments:

Audra said...

Yay for Kaleb!! My good friend has a theory that baby's are officially walking one month after they take their first steps. Her theory has held true for everyone I know...so, you are probably right on the money:)

P.S. It's so fun to stay caught up this way.

Brianna said...

OH yeah, those top teeth can be a real pain! THat will be so great when it comes in, then he'll actually have a toothy smile for pictures!!! As for the learning to walk; I remember reading that there's a learning curve, for little children, of about two weeks. They said that once they tackle a seemingly impossible feet (like walking or crawling) it will seem as if it was just a fluke. But around two weeks later (give or take a few days) they will reintroduce it back into their lives and it will remain a constant thing. I don't know if any of that made sense but I'm so happy that he's on the road to walking!!!