Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I finished Breaking Dawn Last night, and for those of you who haven't read the twilight series and would like to sit down and read a good fiction novel, read it, it is fantastic. As with all the other books I have mixed feelings about finishing the book. It feels good to not constantly have the urge to pick up the book even when I have other things I need to be doing. But at the same time, I am sad that the really good movie in my head is over and I have to get back to reality. While reading these books I can really forget everything else and get lost in Bella's thoughts. I feel like Stephanie Mayer does a great job at making the characters feel real, they have strengths and weaknesses just like real people. As a writer, I think this would be a great challenge, to include enough detail about the characters but not bog down the plot. I still think it is amazing how Stephanie can write about "burning" for page after page and I am still captivated and went to know more. The other thing I love about her books, is just like most love stories, you can guess how the book is going to end, but what Stephanie does is gives the reader something more than just a typical ending, so you get the best of both worlds, it is a happy ending, but you also end up with more plot then you asked for.
I also have to say that I started reading the first chapter of her next book (from her website), and I am so excited. i was curious what Edwards story would be like and when she finishes her next book, I get to find out!
So now it is back to normal, reading books just a little at a time. I still can't believe that I read 750 pages in a little over a week! But when I am reading, it doesn't feel like I am, it feels like I am watching a movie, except I get to envision the characters with the guidelines of the words.
All I can say, is wow, Breaking Dawn is a book you can't set down!
Okay I am finished talking about that :) Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Breaking Dawn was soooo good. I also love getting sucked into someone else's world and seeing the way that they think. I wish I could have stayed in there longer! I read Edward's chapter too and I wish it would come out already! Have you thought about reading "The Host"? I don't know anyone who has read it but I want to know if it's any good.

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

You don't know me, but I went to high school with Matt, and stumbled across your blog. Just wanted to say "hi". You have a beautiful family! My blog is tomandbrittany.blogspot.com... And I love Twighlight too they are the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey i have just begun the first book, so i am a little behind.. hehe!! so when i get there i'll let you know, but i have heard it's a great book.