Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Help!

I need your help. I am bored! (yes, this is not going to be uplifting) I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I have tried some things but just cant seem to move forward. I go to sleep every night with either a kids song stuck in my head or a list of chores that I did not get to that day. I feel like I am going through the motions but inside I am bored. Even my scripture reading and prayers have become empty and dutiful. I feel like I do the same things every week. The only breaths of fresh air that I get are time with my Mom and my two friends Tiffany and Dawn. Things really have calmed down. It seems I have nothing on my calendar other than to take Kaleb to preschool and go grocery shopping. It does not help that we have no extra money either.

So, here is what I need from you... any suggestions? books? hobbies? service ideas? activities to do at home? If you have some free time call me. Lets hang out, I would love to get to know some new people. I sometimes think that all other full time mothers have a secret that I haven't figured out, because I either spend most of my time cleaning or I am bored looking for something other than cleaning to do, and everyone else is sooo busy in order to do anything with them you have to scedual two weeks in advance. I really don't understand. I find myself taking naps just because I don't have anything else to do. What do you do with your spare time? How do you fill up your days? What are you so busy doing? Do you need an extra hand? I'm not even sure anyone even reads this anymore, but If you are please help me? Any information or suggestions would be helpful!

4 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I still read it and i would love to hang out!!! Call me. :) My sister just recently moved and now i have lots of free time and need to keep busy! :)

Audra said...

I would come hang out if I still lived in Vegas. I often find myself feeling the same way. I've started reading again, which has helped quite a bit. Even went so far as to attempt starting a book club with some ladies in my new ward. So, maybe you could start something like that?
I just signed myself up for a 4 week photography class.
I have to keep reminding myself that when Dylan starts Kindergarten in the Fall, my life is going to become a lot busier. It is tough being a Stay at home mom...I think monotony and boredom kind of come with the territory.
Good luck...you are not alone.

Mike and Megan Johnson said...

Well, the way I look at it is since I am not working a job away from my home earning income I need to do my job as Wife and Mom to the best of my ability. The same as if I was receiving evaluations at an outside job. I try to find the joy in keeping my home kids and clothes clean, finding new ways to make my house a home, playing with and teaching my girls, as well as cooking for my family. With this attitude everyday is filled with so much joy, knowing I am doing my best and always striving to be better, that is what makes being a stay at home Mom not boring or monotonous. It is actually very busy, but yet truly rewarding. It is the most important work we will ever do in our lives.

Mike and Megan Johnson said...

Sorry, I got interrupted the other day while responding to your post.I was also thinking since you do have a degree in education, have you ever considered maybe doing a small preschool program out of your home. It would bring in a little extra money as well as keep you more busy. If that seems like too much of a challenge you could even do a preschool swap. You find a group of Moms with other preschool aged kids and you take turns doing preschool a few hours each week. I know Brianna does this. Anyways, I hope these ideas help. I just find that besides my Wife and Motherly responsibilities it always helps to continue pursuing my talents. I love doing craft projects, memory books/blogs,decorating,cooking,as well as researching how do do all of those things better. Good Luck to you!!